The Copyright Workshop this past Thursday was a success and DJIM has quite a few people to thank:
- Thank you to our presenters – Ian Colford and Jason MacDonald, Mark Lewis, and Marc Belliveau – for taking time out of their day to come share their knowledge and expertise about copyright and intellectual property issues in Canada
- Thank you to Dalhousie’s Canadian Association of Law Libraries Special Interest Group for partnering with us on this event
- Thank you to Dalhousie’s Special Libraries Association Student Chapter and the School of Information Management’s Student Association (SIMSA) for your generous support
- and thank you to all those who came and brought their interesting and thoughtful questions for our speakers!
For those of you who are interesting in keeping up with copyright issues, there are numerous resources available to you to do so, including some which were mentioned by our speakers:
- Michael Geist’s blog
- The Dalhousie Libraries Copyright Office
- Dalhousie Libraries’ Copyright LibGuide
- The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)
- Creative Commons
Leave a comment if you have a favourite website or blog that covers copyright and intellectual property issues!